New GUI Artist

Hello Revolutionary Games! I’m Narotiza, and I’m very excited to be here.

I’ve created some art assets for Thrive in the past, a few of which have been implemented into the game. For instance, the shortcut icon and the textures for the new biomes introduced in 0.3.2rc1.

I have also created a ton of concept art, mainly for the GUI and menus - #1, #2, #3, #4. Even before I became a member here, I had frequently checked these forums.

This is unrelated to art, but I have also tried composing in hopes that I can eventually make music for Thrive’s soundtrack. This was my latest composition. I’m still learning (and hopefully improving)

Thanks for the invite. I look forward to working with you guys.

3 Likes

Hey Narotiza, glad to see you join the realm of the developers.

Most of the GUI work happens on the Microbe GUI thread, but you probably already knew that. Feel free to post there with suggestions and concepts.

Also, and sorry for it being you, but this gives us a good opportunity to understand how people feel about joining here without the worry that they’ll leave (assuming you don’t). How did you find it? Was anything confusing? Did everything work correctly? I have a suspicion part of our retention rate issue is due to how confusing the signup process here is.

Everything worked correctly, though it took me a while to find the emails as they were in the junk folder and I thought I hadn’t received them. After I found them though, it was pretty straightforward.