New Technical Writer

Hi, I’m Sasha. I just recently found out about this project and would love to help and be a part of its growth and development.

I’m quite proficient in writing and in understanding concepts then explaining them to others, so I figured I could help with the Wiki and possibly writing articles and descriptions elsewhere if needed. I don’t have a ton of experience, but I’m a fast learner so I’m sure I’ll be useful somewhere.

I’m also okay at art - I’m not going to say I’m even a very good artist, but I’m not bad. I don’t have any experience at all in 3D modelling or animation, but I may be able to help with concept art and trying to balance design with realism as I have a pretty good knowledge/understanding of evolution.

If anyone has any questions about me and what I can do, feel free to ask. I’m not quite sure where to get started with this as I don’t really know which category technical writing fits under, so if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. Otherwise, I’ll just keep looking around, exploring, and trying to find a place on my own.

Thanks - I look forward to helping with this game and seeing it evolve, as well as being a part of the community that is making that happen.

3 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

The best use for technical writing for us would be keeping the Wiki updated, which is quite a big task unfrortunately. If you think you can handle it (which would involve reading through forum threads, taking the most important information and paraphrasing it for future reference) then we can send you a Wiki edting invite and you’re good to go.

If, understandably, you think that might be a bit overwhelming, it might be more difficult to find a useful task for you. If you have any suggestions yourself let us know, because we’re always up for improving our documentation in general. We are working on some new member guidance right now, but that would probably require intimate knowledge with the project structure which you won’t have without some experience.

Of course, you’re free to do what you want. If you’d prefer to get involved with all the art stuff, go ahead.

I can definitely try… I’ll spend some time familiarizing myself with everything that is already there and everything that is being done. But I have plenty of free time right now, so I think I’d be able to get familiar with it and start working on it fairly quickly.

@pretendthisisorigina I’ve sent you an invitation to our Wiki, which should let you sign up and start editing pages.