Reassignment?

Hey, sorry to pop in out of nowhere for the eighteen millionth time, and also sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place, but as my music gets further away from being of a useable variety for game design and my studies eat more of my time, I’ve had a thought:

Should I be involved on the science side of Thrive? I’m currently studying Geology, and while I’ve a good while before I finish my undergrad I feel I could contribute a fair amount to a discussion of, say geomorphic processes as they apply to hypothetical planets. (I’m also behind the times on where thrive is currently standing re: its scientific discourse)

Awesome.

Basically the best thing you could do at this point would be to produce a plate tectonics prototype. That would really show you know what you are talking about and be really useful for us and be a great thing for your portfolio when it comes to applying for jobs / postgrad etc (I used a Thrive prototype to get the job I have now, working on this project has hugely boosted my career).

If you can’t program then have you considered learning? It’s an amazing skill which is relevant to basically every profession and can be learned online for free. You could learn by making the prototype. IMO learning on a project is the best way of learning to program.

The materials we have for this already are a massive thread (warning it’s a lot of reading and it may be better to start off in your own direction)

and some very basic stuff in python

If you want help or advice then I’d be really happy to offer anything I can. The warning I will put on this is that we found it was a hard problem, so that means it will be a challenge for you as well as an opportunity to learn a great deal and do something super cool. It would also be a really great way of embeddding your own knowledge.

Having plate tectonics on planets in Thrive would be really cool and if you could push us in that direction it would be awesome. :slight_smile: