Ok I did some more work on the prototype today. I implemented a new generation algorithm which has two nice properties, none of the connection lines cross (though they come close) and all the patches are certainly connected to the network, which I think are kind of important.
I think the improvements that might be good for this release would be things like:
- Nicer line drawing, maybe more like a subway map
- General visual improvements, maybe rounded corner boxes, nice colours, icons etc
- implementing rules about which patches can be connected to which
things which it’s probably best to leave for a later release
- different strength connections
- connections changing over time, forming, being broken etc
Is everyone ok with this being the design we go forward with? I guess this is probably a good time to check in case anyone wants a major redesign. Personally I am reasonably ok with it, I think it’s not quite visually strong enough yet but we can work on that, also I think mechanically it will be fine. Have a think about it and lets see if we’re all happy enough with it.