We have decided to put the information for the progress update that was on the dev discord here for better record keeping and reference.
Here then is my list of guidelines for formatting and structure:(Oliveriver)
- Author of these posts should be Revolutionary Games. You may not have permission to set this, so if not I can change your role.
- Add a few paragraphs of short info each time, perhaps focusing on the biggest changes of the week and where we’re heading. The intro for this one is a good example.
- Use a header image each time. I’ve made a few which I’ll post in a minute. When you need more, let me know.
- Title format is [Progress Update: mm:dd:yy] for our American friends.
- Make sure to set an excerpt. This is best accomplished by entering the post’s code editor, copying the code until the end of the intro, and pasting into the excerpt box at the side. There were some strange line breaks when I tried it this time so be careful.
- Add tags. For now, I’ve just added ‘Progress Update’. Maybe we need more.
- Include in the ‘Outreach’ category.
- I’m not sure we have enough progress to keep this up every week, so for now I’m assuming these will run every other week. If you disagree we can see how alternatives work.
- Embed links to the activity mentioned wherever possible. See the examples in this post.
- Try not to write in full sentences in the bullet points to keep things consistent.
- Headings - ‘Programming’, ‘Theory’, etc. - should be formatted as headings in H2 style and always come in the same order.
- I don’t like the nested bullet point approach you’ve taken but I’m not sure how to fix it. Suggestions are welcome.
- I guess we should have a consistent URL format. It’s too late to change this one though.
Feel free to add or give feedback.