New Composer & Sound Designer

Hello

I was recently added to the team due to a post I found on reddit. I am a Music Composer and Sound Designer. I have gone trough the forum and so far you have very nice achievements, I am looking forward to see what I can bring to the table and hopefully the team will like it.

I will be trying to come up with replacements for the sound effects that so far, I understand are provitional library SFX. I also listen to the Themes the team has developed for the stages and they are very nice work. Some of them can use a little mixing in order to improve quality and punchiness. I feel maybe for players wearing headphones this might enhance the experience.

Please let me know if there is some specifics I can help with regarding Music or Sound Design. I can Compose, Mix, Master, Sound Design. I am using Logic and Ableton mainly and sometimes I create my own synths and use Kontakt Libraries.

Nice to meet you all and looking forward to introduce my ideas to Thrive.

Bests.

3 Likes

Hi, welcome to the team :slight_smile:

Presumably you’ve gathered from scouting the forums that there’s a pretty loose procedure for creating music. Upload it somewhere and post to this thread:

Then it’ll be reviewed and added to an approved submissions playlist. Then probably sit for a while because the part of the game it’s for will be a long way away.

It’d be great if you wanted to work on sound effects! If you do, start a new thread in Sound and I’ll give you a rundown of what needs doing.

1 Like

Awesome! I will take your comments into account and come up with some ideas. Once I have them Ill create the thread to upload the material.

2 Likes

Hey, how are you getting on? If you’ve been busy that’s totally understandable.

One thing we would benefit from at the moment is some love being given to the sound effects, not sure if you have any interest in that sort of thing. Just volume leveling them all would be a good start, there’s a lot of room for improvement.

Hello I have to put this on hold, I was lucky to land some music production gigs that are consuming most of my time. I’ll get back to the forum once thos projects have been finished.

Sounds good :slight_smile: