Population System - Species Splitting

Yeah it’s something to think about, probably something like what you’re suggesting would be a better simplified implementation of it for now. I’ll revisit the topic again when it comes up on the Auto-Evo thread.

That’s true, and as you suggested I think it should be proportional to the population in that patch, so that patches with a high population of a species in them have it occur more.

1 Like

I admit i have not read the whole post thoroughly but from what i gather, i might be of help somehow.
I have a few specialized open sourced programs that can simulate different species and patches as well as dispersal and migration paterns for management purposes. Otherwise, i have many a notebook or pdfs regarding the actual mathematical models behind the simulations and i have firsthand experience with all these as well.

Give me a shout if you are interested, i could send them over/discuss about it as well.

3 Likes

Yeah sounds interesting. We’re trying to do something pretty simple because we just need to get something working. If you have thoughts or ideas that would be cool to hear. We can also build towards something more complicated later.

Even though there’s no proper consensus, as this being missing is causing issues for other feature implementation I’ve opened an issue and picked the algorithm on roughly how it should work:

2 Likes