Hi, new developper here

Hello everyone

I’m turoni, a new developper in the thrive team.

I graduated as an industrial engineer IT and I now have 2 years of work experience in a c++ project.

I think I’ve just done everything to setup the project, I can run the game from vs so seems fine :slight_smile:

I still need to figure out how the game mechanics all work, (I’ve read about eating and shooting but can’t seem to use it :stuck_out_tongue: )

First topic I’d like to work on is providing an interface to change the keybinders (or know where I can change this).
Is there anyone that can give me pointers on how I can get started wit this?
Thanks in advance.
Turoni

4 Likes

Welcome to the team! It’s always pleasant when new team members join this project.

Welcome! It’s impressive that you already managed to compile the game.

Regarding the key rebinding that is part of the options menu:

The situation with that the options menu hasn’t been started (and with the potential GUI change it might be a bit of a waste to start now).

Also I’ve wanted to add a inbuilt key rebinding method to the engine that would automatically update all the key objects that have been loaded. So it’s a pretty huge issue, and not something I would suggest you to start with.

It’s possible to manually change the key rebindings by editing ThriveKeybindings.conf and restarting the game (the bindings are read at startup).

Easier issues are marked as “good first issue”:

Welcome to the team its always awesome to get new developers!

Okay then I’m going to try to tackle this issue: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/issues/729

1 Like

Hi, welcome!