Morgan - New Programmer

Hi, my name is Morgan, nice to meet you all! Programming has been a hobby of mine since I was like 8 years old and I just recently started freelancing as well. I went to college for Computer Science but never ended up getting my degree. It’s a tragic story that I won’t go into here :wink:

I’m in my late 20s, prefer she/her pronouns, and my favorite language is Python. I’ve also used C++, C#, Java, PHP, and a few others.

I have a few ideas about streamlining user interaction in the editor right now, and I’m also interested in helping on problems others are having trouble with (once I know the code base better).

I’m looking to get some experience collaborating through this project, since most of my projects are solo and I eventually want to work at a company.

I should also mention that my pattern of contributing will involve week+ periods of absence followed by flurries of activity partly because I get busy with freelancing and partly due to my personality, so don’t be worried if I drop off the radar sometimes.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to meeting you all :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to see your ideas for the editor implemented! :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the team Morgan, I hope you have a good time working on Thrive.

I would love to discuss the editor and how it might be improved, so don’t be a stranger!

1 Like

Late reply, but welcome to team! Happy to have you here.

1 Like