Organelle Unlocks

I had some free time, so I tried to draft up a concept of what the first method of unlocking “Protein Organelles”, where you do it in the editor, would look like. Please know that I am by no means an artist.

A new button would be added to the editor that would be used to take you to the “Unlock new organelles” or “Unlock new DNA” screen.

Once you click on it, it would zoom you in onto the hex of your cell where the DNA is located (the lines are supposed to show you zooming in). In prokaryotes this would be the starting hex, and in eukaryotes the nucleus.

Once zoomed in, you appear at the new screen where you can unlock new organelles. Here you can spend Mutation Points to unlock new “Protein Organelles”, and see the past ones you unlocked. Clicking Finish would take you back to the main screen of the Microbe Editor. I figured it would be cool for this screen to make you feel like you are physically immersed amongst the DNA inside your cell, so that you feel like you are making direct changes to your cell’s DNA.

Anyways, this is just a concept, I’m interested to hear what you guys think about the unlocking system overall?

2 Likes