Tales - New Programmer

Hi, I’m Tales; I’m a programmer who’s got about 2 years independent experience working on a custom game engine[1] in C++; with a focus on graphics. I don’t have a whole lot of experience working with Godot, so it might take a me a hot minute to familiarize myself.

I found out about Thrive after watching some YouTube videos by Lathland, and loved the more scientifically accurate approach this game has taken to the Spore concept.

I have a love of all things science, biology definitely included; though I don’t have much formal education beyond high school. As such, I definitely appreciate being corrected if I am wrong. (I mean, that goes for everything, not just biology).

[1] GitHub - wabuilderman/EthosEngine: A custom game engine with WIP demo game

6 Likes

A GRAPHICS PROGRAMMER

Welcome to the team! The graphics team is a bit inactive right now, so do let us know if you want to see what tasks could be done. I particularly am attentive to the graphics side of things and prior ideas for improvement, so absolutely don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

There are several tasks on this board we have in GitHub: Graphics Tasks · GitHub

They can be a bit broad, so again, do ask if you are wanting to tackle something. Of course, you can also pursue things we haven’t really thought of much before.

Welcome again!

Welcome.

I think you already found the setup instructions and something to work on, but if not let me know and I can help out.

I think the graphics board tasks are purely for artists (modellers or 2D artists).
The primary issue board has the programming related tasks on it. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a specific tag about graphics programming, well because there aren’t that many open issues about that as they’d never get done so in the past it would have been pretty much pointless to open them.

1 Like