Now that we have switched over to godot there is alot of potential for adding more features. Let’s discuss our options or ideas and decide on what we should all focus on as a necessity for this next version!
The release map generated from this discussion will be what we point to when anyone asks what’s gonna be in the next version, what’s coming, etc. Note that I will only place things on this WIP list if someone states outright that they intend to work on it in this discussion to reduce the chances of having to remove any features from our plans just before release.
Release map so far:
- Game saving
- Reworked models for marine snow, and oxytoxysomes.
- Segmented ATP balance bar
Since the update before this engine switch dropped, I have been searching for and compiling a list of potential features from here and the community to help us decide on what we should do next.
Below is the list of items that could be rather straight forward to implement and or require very little discussion. Note that the placement of items in this list are only based on my own perception on how much discussion they might require.
- Introduce DonGororo’s Report Menu concept
- Behavior Editor
- Environmental Events
- Upgraded/Remodeled Patch Map
- Game saving
- Planet Generation and Customization
- Organelle Upgrades
- Introduce free movement for camera in editor
- Allow player to play any species occupied patch upon death/reproduction
- Player Population Change Rebalance
- Limit to number of cells engulfed at once
- Make newly placed organelles fully refundable before entering play mode
- Rename predatory pili to a more neutral term
- Add audio or visual cues to indicate invalid actions (Such as attempting to place parts with insufficient MP)
- Check and correct for spelling errors in game text (For instance, Bathypalagic in the patch map should be Bathypelagic)
- Rename Oxytoxy NT to reflect real world toxin
- Improve cell AI
- Implement new damage effects to better convey cell is being harmed
- Introduce water currents
- Fix placement issues in editor
- Cell statistics overview (All cell stats in one panel or menu for analysis.)
- Implement Narotiza’s design for editor UI
- Rework player starting compounds to allow for more flexibility
- Investigate balance of membrane types and ensure they are strategically distinct
- Introduce Narotiza’s options menu UI
- Built-in screen capture
- Viewable clade diagram for your world.
- Automovement hotkey
- Togglable ingame notifications window for events
Next is a list of items and features that may require a great deal of discussion before being implemented. It is unlikely these will be chosen for our release plans yet but I am posting them here incase someone decides to start discussion on them or disagrees with their placement in the list.
- Remove or rebalance Oxytoxy from prokaryotes
- Damage delay or knockback for offensive pili
- In-game Tutorials
- Cilia and Stuff
- Templates and Exportation
- Agents Customization
- Addition of seperate forms of a cell for lifecycle stages or interchangable “modes”
- Gene Transfer
- Compound Toxicity
- Patch addition or rebalance
- Radar in the form of chemoreception or eyespots
- Investigate current balance of nucleus
- Implement diffusion of compounds and gasses between patches
- Add hydrogenase
- Begin work on transition to multicellular
- Implement in-game encyclopedia
- Unlockable Organelles
- Marine snow
- Environmental events
- Cell Healing Rework
- System for Enzymes and Proteins
- Mobility altering gas vacuoles
- Allow customization and functionality for photosynthetic spectra
- Environmental variables effect cells
- Procedural backgrounds and lighting effects
So now that we have these lists, we can trim out what we dont want to work on, and single out that which we do. Let me know what you think, I’ll post my own thoughts at a later time.