Informing Players and the Editor Helper

I think having too many variants is not the best design. Perhaps at most urgent, warning, and informative would be the categories (informative could be stuff like, can’t engulf, can’t really move {if the player is a plant, otherwise this would be a more serious warning}). That’s because I kind of foresee someone wanting to dump quite many purely informative stats in there.

I think a tooltip would be a more appropriate GUI element to use here.

I really like this idea of using tabs. Though, I don’t exactly like that the auto-evo explanation is hidden (though maybe we could put the long-wanted up/down arrow regarding total energy gain straight into the organism statistics so that players would pay more attention to that than the raw numbers).

I guess the JSON layer would be fine to have here to be able to configure which “preflight checks” are enabled for each editor type.

I see just one slight problem for controller navigation: how to select the tabs as it would have to either share buttons with the report, patch map etc. tabs or some other way to switch those tabs.

I think this would be even harder for controller navigation…

My idea regarding how to solve this is to just put the most important stats directly in the organism statistics panel so it would have the at a glance situation report in it, including the most important line of information from the other tabs.

1 Like