Make colony direction based on map

Currently colony direction is based on player facing direction, making other cells in the colony strange (very strange)

like this video

Making its direction and relative position based on map should be better. Which I mean that:

• When a cell is added into the colony, its current direction relative to player is recorded in colony
  • The cell’s facing direction is synced with the player’s
  • The cell’s position is fixed
  • The cell’s collision with other things affect player cell’s movement
  • The player’s speed is adjusted to the average speed of the colony

(This is my suggestion to current colony.)

The problem you show in the video is 100% caused by the cell rotation being set directly and not through physics:

Could you clarify your other points, I’m having trouble understanding what exactly you mean?

(I’ll leave the translation work to you guys)
目前的细胞群中所有的其它细胞位置都是关于玩家细胞排列的, 这导致玩家细胞旋转方向时候其他细胞被玩家细胞拖着转. 我在想是不是可以让细胞群以背景图为坐标系, 比如一个细胞在相对窗口正上方加入群体, 就让他在那里呆着, 把它相对玩家细胞在地图上的位置记录下来并固定, 在玩家细胞转向的时候细胞独立旋转至与玩家细胞通向并保持相对于地图的位置. 在细胞群的任何一个细胞碰撞铁块等东西时让细胞群停下来 (好像如果用"力"的话也不是问题.)

Currently all other cell positions in the cell population are aligned with respect to the player cell, which results in other cells being dragged around by the player cell as the player cell rotates in its direction. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the cell population use the background map as the coordinate system, so that if a cell joins the population directly above the relative window, for example, it stays there, its position on the map relative to the player cell is recorded and fixed, and when the player cell turns the cell rotates independently to the player cell’s orientation and remains relative to the map. Stop the cell group when any cell in the group hits something like an iron block (doesn’t seem to be a problem if you use “force”.)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

That would be unrealistic, the join between membranes is rigid in the sense that it wouldn’t allow the colony leader cell to rotate while the outer cells would remain stationary, that would break any rigid joint. Not an expert, but I don’t imagine that cells can bind in a way where they can rotate in-place while still staying connected.