So we have very confusingly named CustomWindow in our code, which is custom, yes, but not a “window” at all. It is just a top level container that can be used to build windows (which is named CustomDialog which is at least correct but not all windows are dialogs).
When I brought this up before the best suggestion that came up was:
Rename CustomWindow → TopLevelContainer
Rename CustomDialog → CustomWindow
I did this rename with a bunch of raw text replaces in all of the important file types in the repo:
Hopefully I didn’t miss any file types, or any unintended words didn’t get caught in the rename.
I mostly opened this thread just to highlight to everyone that this is happening, see if anyone has a much better idea / strongly objects to this.