For the store releases of Thrive, we need to have at least one trailer video.
My idea for what the trailer could be (feel free to suggest different ideas, or volunteer to record and edit the trailer together):
- Opens with text saying like “Start life on an alien planet” (all these text parts would have like black screen as a background)
- Fade in a single cytoplasm swimming around for a few seconds
- Fade back to black, text something like “Evolve” or “Evolve your species”
- Fade to a few cuts of edits done in the editor, finishing with exiting the editor
- Fade to black with text “Compete with other species”
- Cut to some footage of combat and other footage with other species in it. Last bit of footage could be the player dying (but cut before the player respawns)
- Final fade to text: “Will you Thrive?”
Maybe that would be enough to make like a quick one minute trailer. It would be posted to our youtube, and at least itch store page needs the trailer on youtube. I think the trailer should initially be a hidden video so that things can be prepared so that the trailer when published can link to the itch and steam pages (to get a bit of traffic from our youtube subscribers)
If no one else volunteers to make one, I’m going to try asking our usual trailer guy if they have time to make one now.