Let’s get started with planning 0.4.2! The release plan for 0.4.2 was:
- Overhaul of combat system
- Basic agent production and environmental diffusion
Bacteria andbacteria swarms(?)
- Options menu
- Loading screens(?)
- Refactored movement system with cilia and flagella organelles
- Fluid simulation carries microbes around
- Rescaled organelles
- More work on the CPA system (Maybe primitive auto-evo?)
- Organelle endocytosis (engulfing bacteria)
- Microbial biomes
I don’t think that out of these anything else except the combat overhaul and maybe the agent production should be a priority. Oh and the microbial biomes separation would be also a priority.
Other than that there are still the engine issues with the movement lag some people experience. And the The GUI library situation which I’ll be tackling. The loading screens and CPA system is also something I’d like to improve as right now the game locks up when generating new stuff.
Tentatively this release could be around the first week of July. I’ll try really hard to have time off this summer so I’ll have more time for thrive just before that release window. I’ll update the release plan thread once we decide on the features.
So let’s get the discussion started.