Iconography

Could you use the RGB of either the beige at the top of the tooth, or of the bone?

Also I looked through the thread and I can’t find one you posted where the tooth was all beige.

But the bone is actually the icon we wanted for calcium, and it’s fantastic!

I’ve tried my hand at a Hydrothermal Vents icon vector:

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I will say I absolutely love the color scheme here.

Here’ a second version, with only one vent and modified colors and gradients.

EDIT: I made one for the Algal Bloom biome, too.

6 Likes

Damn, those look perfect. Nice work.

One thing I just noticed is that the thickness of the border should be consistent. Or don’t even include a border ¯_(ツ)_/¯ the icons are most likely going to be bordered by the gui anyway right?

1 Like

I can’t not have a border, the vectors are basically built upon it being there. I can make it consistent though.
Edit: I updated the colors on the vent one. How does it look?

2 Likes

While I like it I think the gas plume should be a bit less dense at the top, after all this smoke travels up for a long ways. Also maybe make the coloring a bit more blue to signify that it’s underwater, just a thoughhh

Aaand I made one for the Shallow Ocean!

Shallow Ocean
5 Likes

I really like your style! If you feel like it you can take care of the biomes if you want to because I don’t think our styles will be compatible.
I really like the algal bloom biome!
For the hydrothermal vent, you can not really distinguish it from a volcano but I really like the color too

For the record, I adore @Narotiza’s biome icons.

Would anyone be willing to make some organelle icons too?

Weren’t the organelle icons going to be thumbnail images of the organelles themselves?

Yeah I believe so.

That would make since we could then implement a drag and drop organelle editor in addition to the current click and place one.

I’ve made a vector of the Thrive Logo!!

It’s supposed to have the “THRIVE” text in there but I guess my browser can’t display it.

1 Like

I also made a vector for the Abyss biome, based off of braguy.j’s icon.

Abyss

EDIT: I also updated the colors of the Hydrothermal Vents biome to match the colors of the biome itself. Still not particularly happy with it.

Hydrothermal Vents again
4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Achievements

I forgot to mention we need a fatty acids icon and a temporary oxytoxy NT icon for the new GUI. For the moment I’ll create my versions.

Since the guy who was doing our compound icons seeems to have left (last seen Oct. 10th of last year), I decided to try to make some slightly more minimal compound icons.
The ones in the lighter-colored column are the ones that I personally prefer.

EDIT: update on the OxyToxy NT icon:

I still quite like our existing icons, but these look great too and have a more cohesive feel.

Amino acids as a puzzle piece works, but I’m not sure about carbon dioxide as a cloud. I also think we should stay away from chemical representations where possible - connected circles can’t be differentiated from each other that well. Finding alternatives for ammonia and carbon dioxide without resorting to chemical diagrams will be pretty tricky.

You should be able to edit the game files to test how these icons work. In the GUI folder you’ll find ThriveGeneric.png. Replace the existing icons with your versions at the exact same size and overwrite the file, then you’ll have your own icons in the game.