Kashnox - New Programmer

Hey, everyone, I’m Ethan, but I usually go by Kashnox online. I learned about Thrive years ago and now that I finally have the skills I need to contribute, I’m excited to be part of the team.

I don’t have much direct game development experience, but I’ve been working in the simulation industry using C# and Unity for about three years now, so I haven’t had too much trouble understanding the codebase so far.

Every stage of Thrive is really exciting to me, so I’ll probably need some help figuring out where to jump in. For now, I’ve just been taking on random microbe stage bugs because that seems to be what most of the GitHub issues are for, but I’d be happy to help wherever I’m needed.

4 Likes

Welcome to the team. Glad to have you onboard. It’s been nice seeing your PRs fixing random stuff that’s been known for a long time. I’m sure everyone will be glad to see many long-standing microbe bugs being taken care of.

Btw if you didn’t see the context yet about the refactor I told you about on Github, it’s this:

And this for the wider context:

That sounds good to me. Finding and fixing bugs is one of my favorite things to do as a programmer.

4 Likes

That is quite a gift. A debugged microbe stage would do a lot for Thrive.

2 Likes

If you have any questions regarding where to find gameplay concepts, please feel free to contact me or any other game design team members. Glad to have you here!

1 Like

Welcome @Kashnox, good to hear that you’re excited with fixing bugs, certainly nice to have more manpower in our team to do that. My general advice is not to be let down by the eventual barrage of reviews when you’re further on your pull request contributions.